Troubleshooting Windows 8 (8.1) “We Weren’t Able to Connect to the Store” Error

{tocify} $title={Table of Contents}

I lately returned from a 3 month journey as well as switched on my Windows 8.1 maker to locate that absolutely nothing functioned. For some weird factor, numerous applications would certainly not attach to the Web as well as I can not attach to the Windows Shop. I was most definitely attached to the Web due to the fact that I can search making use of IE as well as Chrome, so it was befuddling why I could not attach to the Shop or why specific applications would certainly not function.

Ultimately, I faced an article by Gerrand on his blog site speaking about exactly how all the normal approaches for repairing this issue have actually not functioned: inspecting the date/time on your computer system, making use of the netsh as well as wsreset commands, making use of a regional account rather than an on the internet account as well as attempting to rejuvenate your computer. I had really attempted a lot of those alternatives due to the fact that it took place to be as soon as in the past as well as I created an article concerning repairing the Can not Link to Shop issue on my various other blog site. He likewise points out running wsreset, which appeared to have actually benefited a min, however the 2nd I attempted to click anything in the Shop, it returned back to offering me the very same mistake message.

cannot connect to store

Nonetheless, none of the alternatives on my older article appeared to work with this maker. Gerrand ultimately determine that it related to the Windows Live account. In his article, he blogs about exactly how his account needed to be confirmed and after that whatever began functioning. In my situation, the account was confirmed, however I had two-step confirmation allowed as well as consequently I needed to key in my authenticator code.

Allow's start by mosting likely to Setups on Windows 8 by relocating your computer mouse to the ideal side of the display. After that click Modification Computer Setup at the extremely lower.

change-pc-settings.jpeg

Currently click Accounts in the left hand food selection.

pc settings accounts

Below is where you'll see the crucial details that is creating problem with the Windows Shop. If it's an e-mail confirmation issue, you'll see " You require to confirm your account." under your e-mail address. Or else it'll claim Disconnect If you have two-step confirmation on, you'll see it states " You require to upgrade some details for your Microsoft account" with a web link called Update details

verify account windows live

Click that Update details web link as well as it'll bring you to a display where you need to go into the code produced from your authenticator application.

windows live code generate

After you complete this, open up the Windows Shop once more as well as it need to pack simply great. Once more, Microsoft is wonderful at returning mistake messages that have absolutely nothing to do with the real mistake, which is why you need to lose time looking for a service online! If you are still having problem after attempting all the approaches from this article as well as my previous article, after that publish a remark with all the information as well as I'll attempt to aid. Appreciate!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post